This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Logic Limitation - Work around needed.

1. valteke

Noticed a limitation with logic wondering if there is a fix or work around other then the one I came up with.
    I have a form that has 3 Classes couples can attend.
    The options are as followed:
    Pre-Commuter
    Re-Marriage
    Convalidation

When the couple fills out the following fields they are only supposed to be shown the class that they are able to take based on their situation.
    To take a “Prep-Commuter” class the options are:
    “If neither of you have been married before (and you don't have children from previous relationships), you have the option of selecting a Resident Weekend or a Commuter Weekend.”
    or
    “for couples where one or both have been married previously. but have no children from previous relationships.“
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To take a “Convalidation” class the options are:
    “If you have been married civilly and are now having your marriage blessed in the Church, we recommend you choose a Convalidation program”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To take a “Re-Marriage” class the options are:
    “If one or both of you have children from previous relationships, we recommend that you choose a Re-Marriage program”

Here is where I am having an issue.
    If a couple (both people) has “not been married”, but have children from a previous relationship then there option should be “Re-Marriage” because cause of the child factor. Even though they would normally take a “Prep-Commuter” – Currently the option that shows up is “Prep-Commuter and “Re-Marriage”.

I could not figure out how in logic to make that distinction. Any suggestions? In the logic builder I could not find a way to add another scenario for why they would have the option of Re-Marriage show again.

I did find a work around that is working for now but requires me to do the following.
    Create 3 pages with 1 page for each Class. The First page actually has 2 classes on it the Re-Marriage and the Prep-Commuter and then I use the regular logic features to show or hide the correct class based on the selection. The issue is now I have Remarriage in 2 locations on 2 different pages and when I add or remove classes I have to do it twice.
    The other issue with this is once they select the class they want to attend it doesn’t take then to the next section where the enter their registration info. It take them to the next page which has another class option which they are not suppose to see based on the skip page logic. to fix I had to put a check box and note to click here once they select the class they want and use the skip page logic to go to the registration page if the check here was checked which I had to make a mandatory field.

Kind of confusing I know, but hopefully you get it.

Form is located here: http://eastbaycatholic.com/data/view.php?id=21584

Thanks for your help Valentin

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic