Howdy, folks! 🙂
Ever needed to create private forms that collect sensitive information and allow access only to a specific list of users? Now, you can easily do this with MachForm v20!
In addition to the existing functionality that lets you set a password for your forms, you can now specify a list of users (using their email) to restrict access to your form.
Any user attempting to access the form will be required to log in before they can view and submit it. Users will be prompted to log in using their email and a one-time password (OTP) sent to their email.
Combine this new functionality with the “Data Encryption” feature on your form, and you’ll have very secure forms built in minutes!
The new version of MachForm (version 20) is now available for download on Billing Area.
PHP & MySQL Version Requirement
MachForm v20 requires the minimum version of PHP on your server to be at least PHP 7.4 and MySQL version at least MySQL 5.7. If you’re still using older version, you’ll need to upgrade your PHP and/or MySQL version first.
We strongly recommend upgrading due to improved compatibility and bugfixes within this release.
- Feature: Require form users to login before submitting forms
- Feature: Added option to do range limit by ‘digits’ on Single Line Text field, to accept only numbers and allow leading zeros
- Feature: Added option to set max rows per page on entries page
- Improvement: Form builder page now able to fix and cleanup malformed HTML tags
- Improvement: Added option to specify MySQL SSL Cert and custom port number
- Improvement: Automatically-enabled CAPTCHA and submission limit on form receiving high amount of bot submissions
- Improvement: Allows advanced CSS on theme editor to use @import statement
- Update: Added configuration to enforce backend tables to use MyISAM engine
- Update: On forms having CAPTCHA enabled, CAPTCHA is now enforced on every submission, not just the first one
- Bugfix: On the form manager page, the search doesn’t work properly when the form is having character ‘#’ as part of the title
- Bugfix: Syntax error on mf.js, particulary inside the try..catch block, preventing the form from being loaded on web view of windows app
- Bugfix: When success message contains any HTML tag, it won’t be enclosed with H2 tag to allow custom formatting
- Bugfix: Dompdf compatibility with PHP 8.1
- Bugfix: Export entries failure on some specific conditions when entries are sorted
- Bugfix: Digits validation on Number field can be bypassed using leading zeroes
- Bugfix: User able to submit additional multiple payments (Braintree, Authorizenet) on existing entries
- Bugfix: Major incompatibility change with new Stripe API as of version 2023-08-16. Related with payment_method_types parameter
- Bugfix: User shouldn’t be automatically logged-in after doing password reset
- Bugfix: Unable to save form edits due to ‘column already exist’ SQL error
- Bugfix: Image alignment not being set on PDF and email content
- Bugfix: Entries not being highlighted correctly when selected
- Bugfix: “X-Forwarded-For” header abused by spam bots to bypass ip address submission limit
- Bugfix: Validation to disable future dates selection on date field is not working
How to Update
This update is FREE for all users having an active support contract.
As mentioned above, you can download it on Billing Area.
Follow this upgrade instruction:
Upgrading MachForm Self-Hosted
MachForm Cloud Users
If you’re subscribed to any of our MachForm Cloud plans, there is no further action required on your side. We automatically update MachForm version on all our cloud users with the latest version.