This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » News & Announcement

[Major Release] MachForm 3 is now available!

1. yuniar

Yay! MachForm 3 is now available,,,with new site as wel! :)

More details regarding the release here:
    http://www.appnitro.com/blog-machform-3-whats-new

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Lokidog

"Yay! MachForm 3 is now available,,,with new site as wel! :)" ...............and we now know what you look like! :o)

A quick question, can I keep my Beta version and continue to use it or do I have to upgrade to the "all new singing and dancing MF3 version" to reap any extra functions and benefits?

//David

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. yuniar

You guys can keep the beta forever! it won't expired :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Lokidog

Thanks!

If I upgrade to the current release are there any extra things that come along with it that aren't in the beta?

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. paulopdenkelder

@Lokidog check the new features on the updated website!

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Lokidog

paulopdenkeld: I did but there is no mention that I can find of a multi-language.php file or the ability to change the GUi interface coloring.
    Things that I discussed with Yuniar during the Beta testing,

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. yuniar

compared to the beta version, the final version contain lot of bugfixes and the language is fully working now. There are nine languages available (Ducth, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish) and you can easily select it from the admin panel (form properties).

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. randykepple

Congratulations Yuniar! Wishing you continued success with this update! It's a wonderful version full of new features.

Here's a quick question for you (hoping it's alright to ask here). I'm happy to post this in a support forum if that's helpful.

I have the beta installed on my server, with it's own database, as well as the previous version with the forms that I currently use in my business.

What is the best upgrade path, to install and use v3, without having to create my old forms all over again and not lose them?

Can I install the new version in the same directory, writing over the previous version? Can I use the same database as the previous version or does all of this need to be done fresh? If so, will the old forms migrate once the database is connected to v3 or is there an update/migration method that you recommend?

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Telemacus

A couple of questions:

* about the auto-respondent, can I attach files to the automated response? (so that a user gets an email with a file when he completes the form)
    * I only had a quick look about the new features, but one thing I was looking forward to seeing in this new version is the ability to add images to forms easily. (and I don't mean the logo). Has this been done?

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. yuniar

Randy -- Thank you so much! :-)

First of all, make sure to backup your machform folder first, in case of errors.
    You can then overwrite your v2 machform files with v3 files. The only exception is the "data" folder under your machform folder.

Don't overwrite the "data" folder, since this contain your uploaded files or CSS files.
    Then simply run the upgrade.php script.

For more detailed upgrade instruction, you might want to check it here:
    http://www.appnitro.com/upgrading-machform

All your existing forms will be migrated into v3, using the same database. Also, if you have downloaded v3 earlier, make sure to download it again from our member area.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. yuniar

Telemacus -- I'm afraid you can't attach files with the auto-responder. You will need to provide a download link instead.

Regarding images, you still need to use the HTML tag for the image to put them into your form.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Lil

YaY!!! and Congraturlations, the looks of this forum and website looks fabulous :D

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. randykepple

Here's a question for you regarding the "sticky" aspect of v3. How many times can a user come back and populate a form? Is there a limit to the number of visits? I'm assuming this is done by means of setting a cookie on their system. What if they clear out their browser cache and cookies? Do they lose the ability to revisit the form?

And finally... can they come back to the form and change things once they've hit the SUBMIT button?

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. ajai

Yuniar,

Yay!

Wonderful news! Congratulations to you and your team on an even better designed product.

I will get in touch with you about upgrading shortly!

Keep up the good work,

Regards,

ajai

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. joffday

This is a brilliant upgrade and one I am happy to pay for. Keep up the good work - and thank you for listening to all the ideas from users!

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. yuniar

ajai, joffday -- thank you! :-)

randy -- there is no limit to the number of visits and it doesn't depend on the cookies as well. Even though they cleared their browser cache or even use another computer, MachForm will be able to populate the saved form, as long as they use the correct unique URL which being generated by the form.

However, the client must not click the submit button the last page, as this would finalize the submission and can't be modified again.
    Instead, they should click the save button.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. randykepple

Awesome Yuniar! Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. sphelan

In v3, are the database tables hardcoded like in v2, or can they bet set in the config file by variable, or maybe with a table prefix?

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. yuniar

you can set your own table prefix by editing the config.php file.

define('MF_TABLE_PREFIX', 'ap_');

However, this only works if you are going to install a new machform on a new database.
    If you are upgrading, this can't be used.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. zforray

I just purchased the upgrade to 3. A couple of quick questions and a possible issue (perhaps fixed).
    Still using the beta, I created a few forms and I need to keep them so I want to install the production version into the beta directories. Any issues with this?

As for the conversion from V2 process, can I do both? Convert V2 and keep V3 separate? If not, it won't kill me to manually recreate the old forms.

On a possible issue with V3 - I am working to convert our website to WordPress. When I embed a V3 beta form, the Captcha and a free-form paragraph object are cut off the bottom. I tried increasing the size of the var __machform_height = 2384 but none of the values I use make these items reappear? Is this fixed in the production version? The form works outside of WordPress.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »