This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Price Estimates for Order Form

1. ayersc3

The merchant option is great, if you want to use PayPal. But, what if you want your users to complete the form and view their total without going to PayPal? Just submit the form, knowing their total will be $X.xx and we can then invoice them later.... Any way to calculate a price total price??

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

I'm sorry, I'm afraid it won't be possible to calculate total price without having PayPal enabled (at least for now).

I'm putting this into our todo list. It seems many people need to use this option and I think we can add a choice to accept manual payment/check within the payment settings page, which is useful for this situation.

Thanks for the feedback!

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. tmparisi

This would be great! We use the form now for orders but do the invoicing in-house (its cheaper). Would be great to give a running total and have machform act as a pseudo shopping cart.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Lathamkeen

Any news on this function. We do alot of in-house claim forms (petty cash, etc) which we need the "total" function provided but not the paypal part. Any sort of a date on this?

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Digifruit

This functionality would be invalueable to us and many other companies who offer services, as it lets Machform double as an invoice requesting service. I would personally upgrade my version to the most current one if this was implemented, for sure.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. voodoo

Please add to this the checkbox pricing doesn't work. I need a way to add hidden price fields, like "Base Price" for various products. So I can do...
    Base Price +
    Option 1 +
    Option 2
    -----------------
    TOTAL

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. dombett

Add my name to the list of people who would like to be able to do field calculations. We need to be able to determine the final payment amount based on variables that the user selects in filling out the form. Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. newdreams

Any movement on this over the last 5 months?

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. oost44

I really need this option. Otherwise MachForm won't work for my needs.

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. yuniar

Payments by check/cash will be available within v3.4

It will allow you to create payment forms (with option to have total calculations) without having actual payment processor integration.
    Useful for those who simply need the calculation feature.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. WmShrewsbury

Excellent - when with 3.4 (rough guess) be available? Online forms without a total really hurt this product.

Wm

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. yuniar

v3.4 beta should be released on January. While the final version should be released shortly afterward.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. jan-bart

Hi Yuniar,

What other pay options than Paypal will you add to this wonderful form? Will there be any European or Dutch options like Visa, Master Card or Ideal be available?

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. chickc

Hi Yuniar,

So will the Quote / Estimates capability be included in the v3.4 version?

And will it look kinda like this?

Item Text Box: _____________ Qty: ____ Unit Amt: __________ Sub Total: _____________
    Deposit Required: _____________
    Tax: (if any)
    Total: _____________

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago #
  15. yuniar

jan-bart -- we'll be adding support for stripe.com integration (to accept credit cards) for v3.4. Unfortunately, stripe currently only available for US and Canada only :(

chickc -- No, I'm afraid that kind of calculations (involving quantity) is not possible yet. Sorry.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  16. jan-bart

Hi Yuniar,

What is the problem of making such calculations, is that related to the database? Have you heard of any integrations made by a customer in Machform?

Posted 11 years ago #
  17. biwofu

I need something similar. Our clients should be able to decide whether they want to pay by invoice or PayPal/CC after they filled out the form. Is that also possible with version 3.4 ?

Posted 11 years ago #
  18. chickc

Hi Yuniar,

Still no calculations for quotes in latest release? (Love the Conditional feature) very cool. But I'm dying to have that calculator for quoting jobs.

Posted 11 years ago #
  19. yuniar

chickc -- I'm afraid that feature is not available yet. Sorry :(

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  20. Mogoch

I'll add my name to this request!

On a booking form I need to show the cost of various items according to the selections made by the customer, and then show the grand total at the end, before they click on the "submit" button. At the moment I have to get them to select options and then send the booking without being able to see the total cost, which is not good practice. The new conditional feature is very useful, but this is just as important. I'm sure there are many others who would choose Machform if it had this facility.

Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »