This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

2 submission forms for one file

1. tattoo2

I would like to have 2 different submission forms for one data form. One submission form with captcha and one submission form without captcha, (otherwise they are the same) but have all data entered into the same form id (database) backend, is there a way to do this? The reason is that one submission form is public and entered from the web (w/ captcha)and the other we enter the info internally, but don't want to have to use captcha.

Thanks.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I don't believe it can work this way, since each form created has to have a unique form id. The reason for this is that the *actual form* is of course saved in the database and then generated dynamically when you view the page; if you had two forms with one id, the second one would overwrite the first, and you would end up with one form, i.e. the one without the captcha field. That's my logical thought on how it wouldn't work anyway.

Therefore, having two forms with the same form_id would cause conflicts.

Whilst you can duplicate a form, any submissions from the second form, will create it's own 'entries' list, as it is effective another form in the forms list, even though it was a duplicate of a previous form.

Unfortunately in the admin back-end there's no way to create new entries, only to edit the existing entries.

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. tattoo2

Thanks for the reply! What do you think about making a form say id#1 and then generating the code for the webpage A, and then editing the same form id#1 and adding the captcha to the form and generating the code for the second webpage B which would have the captcha on it. Do you think it would overwrite anything or do you think the webpage A would not work? I'm going to give it a try as soon as I get back to that project.

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic