This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

3 questions

1. skela

Hi,
    Just purchase your product, installed it and it works great. Really simple to use.

I have 3 questions:

1) Is it possible to change the submit button to a grahpic? If so, how do I do it?

2) When creating form there is an option to provide the user with guidance e.g. enter your first and last name.... I change my form to lower font size however the guidance also shows very very small. How do I change the guidance font size, without affectiong the entire document? Is that where I can change the colour also?

3) When use does not fill in a required field it say "please enter a value". How do I change it say "enter your name, or etc" instead of "please entere a value"?

thanks

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi,

1) Yes, it is possible. Here's how to do it:

a) Edit your includes/view-functions.php file. On line 1581 you will find this code:

<input id="saveForm" class="button_text" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />

replace that line with this one:

<input id="saveForm" class="button_text" type="image" name="submit" value="Submit" src="http://www.example.com/images/submit.gif"/>

adjust the path to your image of course.

b) Edit both your embed.php and view.php file
    Around line 25, search for this code:

if(!empty($_POST['submit'])){ //if form submitted

replace that line with the one below:

if(!empty($_POST['submit']) || !empty($_POST['submit_x'])){ //if form submitted

this step is required to handle some bug with IE when using image for submit button.

2) Edit your CSS code for that form. Search for this block:

form .guidelines
    {
    	background:#f5f5f5;
    	border:1px solid #e6e6e6;
    	color:#444;
    	font-size:80%;
    	left:100%;
    	line-height:130%;
    	margin:0 0 0 8px;
    	padding:8px 10px 9px;
    	position:absolute;
    	top:0;
    	visibility:hidden;
    	width:42%;
    	z-index:1000;
    }

You can adjust font-size and font-color there.

3) Edit your includes/common-validator.php. At the beginning of the file you will see the messages. However, those message are general, not specific for each field of your form.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic