This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

404 - Article #2 not found

1. jshores

First, wow what a great piece of work this is. I purchased within 5 minutes of seeing the demo. This is fantastic.

Second, I have an issue with submitting embedded forms. I am using Joomla 1.5.10 and embedding the custom code into an article with Sourcer (plugin that allows me to put php code into the body of an article). The form presents, continues to the review page and then gives me the 404 error upon submit.

If it matters, I am hosting on HostGator. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. markritchie

I dont have an answer for you but I am curious as well. Have you tried using Jumi yet?

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. jshores

No, but I have validated the behavior doesn't occur if I link to the form directly and run it in it's own window... So, I'm inclined to believe its related to Sourcer or the way I have it configured.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. jshores

Okay, so further testing proves it's something with the Joomla plugin I'm using. If I use a Wrapper to the form URL, everything works just fine. Perhaps I'll try Jumi and see what happens.

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. markritchie

I am in the process of setting up a joomla 1.5.10 site and using the latest version of Machform on it which is why I was interested in this topic. I tried JUMI which is a very cool plugin but for some reason I received a lot of errors. You can see the post on the JUMI support forum by me (Markstein) at:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=349124&sid=be692f863d3f737a864fc3d1ab33c7a3&start=540

The best work around I have so far was to copy the advanced embed code to a file (I called it formtest.php)

I inserted into formtest.php

<?php
    require("/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forms/machform.php");
    $mf_param['form_id'] = 2;
    $mf_param['base_path'] = 'http://mydomain.com/forms/';
    display_machform($mf_param);
    ?>

I then created a wrapper module and in the URL area I input formtest.php. I also checked the "Auto-height" option. It appears this works fine. If the form has errors and the form expands (showing the highlighted errors) then the wrapper auto expands as well. So realistically it's only a couple more steps to get it into Joomla (Create your form page with the code and create a wrapper).

I am wondering, however, if something else should be in the php file that holds the code (in my case formtest.php).

Mark

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic