This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

[closed] A couple questions..

1. Jason

I am new to the PHP/Mysql world, and what I want to use machform with is to create mysql tables with the forms (figured out that part) and retrieve the information into different parts of my site. here is an example of what I am trying to do:
    what are your hobbies: ______________

This field is being saved to a mysql table, but it seems it will not specify which user filled it out, and it will add more lines to the table as more users fill it out.. but I do not know which line of the table came from which user? I love the simplicity of the software, now I need to figure out how to use the information it collects. For example, I would like to set up my site so it says:
    username answered _______ to the previous question
    username 2 answered _______ to the previous question

It may be hard to follow what I am trying to accomplish. I am running PHPNuke, so I already have the table structure for login, etc.. I just need to combine the two together... Thanks

Jason

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hello Jason,

Do you have the username field on your form? If so, the username would be just another column on the table. If not, you will need to add username field to your form, since MachForm won't record any username information.

The SQL query is pretty simple to accomplish what you need.

Let me know the link to your form and I'll try to write you the query.
    If you want to keep your form private, you can send it to yuniar [at] appnitro.com instead of posting it here.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. yuniar

After reading your question again, I just realized that you are using PHPNuke.
    So the form will be available for users who have logged in to your PHPNuke only?

If so, we can modify it a bit so that MachForm pull the username from your PHPNuke.

If not, you will need to add username field to your form as I've mentioned above.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. Jason

To answer your first reply: I did not put the username field on the form, as I would like to use the existing phpnuke username so my users don't have to repeat entering their usernames. My form is imbeded in a block in phpnuke, and the url is http://www.roundrobintrading.com/pn/index.php . And to your second reply:
    You are correct. I wish to have the form available to users only. I have not had the chance to set up the permissions yet, so anyone can fill out the form. Thanks!

Jason

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. yuniar

I'm not familiar with phpnuke, but if I could figure out how to grab the username from phpnuke, it would be pretty easy to plug it into MachForm.

Would you mind if I login to your FTP server and test some stuff with your PHPNuke and MachForm?
    Send me your FTP login to customer.service [at] appnitro.com if you allow me to try it.

I'll see what I can do there.

Thanks

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.