This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

a field that routes emails?

1. breinick

Scenario:
    I am using machform to build internal forms for the business I work at. I am in need of a dropdown (or checkbox) of different departments, that when completed by an employee, the form will be routed to that employees supervisor.

Example:
    A vacation request form. Joe who works in marketing needs to submit a vacation request to his specific supervisor (Bill). So, somewhere in the form, he needs to be able to select Bill as the recipient, so that the request does not go to the Sales supervisor.

How can this be accomplished?

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. deaddingo

A quick an easy way could possibly be to have a different form for different departments. (Use the duplicate form option in the admin area) and then have each form email a different supervisor.

A simply html page with drop down box allowing the user to select which department he/she works for could forward to the appropriate form.

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. breinicke

That is an option that I'd consider... but it's preferably a last resort.
    As any computer oriented admin knows, there are a lot of not-computer savvy people out there, and I'd like to have as few steps as possible.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. deaddingo

Either way, they would have to select the department they work for. If they select before filling in the form then they are guaranteed to get it to the right person. If they fill in the form, they may forget to select the correct person to send it to.

But I understand what you mean.

You could possibly edit part of the email_settings.php file (where you can select the send to function) But this would also probably need some extra SQL tables (or entries at least)

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. yuniar

breinicke -- sorry, I'm afraid this feature is not available yet.

I've received similar requests regarding this though, so I'll think a way to plug this kind of functionality into future MachForm.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic