This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

accept .me domains

1. tk100

is it possible to accept all domain extensions in the URL validation? .me seems to be rejected as a valid domain?
    Thanks

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Boon

ah, something new to me, I don't know the script will no work on certain ltd domains...never seen one myself. the script works easily with localhost, doesn't have to be .ltd domains to get script working...

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Accepting any random extensions is not recommended. However, you can adjust your "includes/common-validator.php" file to allow .me domain (this is actually a bug).

Search around line 302 for this code:

$regex  = '/^https?:\/\/([a-z0-9]([-a-z0-9]*[a-z0-9])?\.)+((a[cdefgilmnoqrstuwxz]|aero|arpa)|(b[abdefghijmnorstvwyz]|biz)|(c[acdfghiklmnorsuvxyz]|cat|com|coop)|d[ejkmoz]|(e[ceghrstu]|edu)|f[ijkmor]|(g[abdefghilmnpqrstuwy]|gov)|h[kmnrtu]|(i[delmnoqrst]|info|int)|(j[emop]|jobs)|k[eghimnprwyz]|l[abcikrstuvy]|(m[acdghklmnopqrstuvwxyz]|mil|mobi|museum)|(n[acefgilopruz]|name|net)|(om|org)|(p[aefghklmnrstwy]|pro)|qa|r[eouw]|s[abcdeghijklmnortvyz]|(t[cdfghjklmnoprtvwz]|travel)|u[agkmsyz]|v[aceginu]|w[fs]|y[etu]|z[amw])(\/)(.*)$/i';

change it to become:

$regex  = '/^https?:\/\/([a-z0-9]([-a-z0-9]*[a-z0-9])?\.)+((a[cdefgilmnoqrstuwxz]|aero|arpa)|(b[abdefghijmnorstvwyz]|biz)|(c[acdfghiklmnorsuvxyz]|cat|com|coop)|d[ejkmoz]|(e[ceghrstu]|edu)|f[ijkmor]|(g[abdefghilmnpqrstuwy]|gov)|h[kmnrtu]|(i[delmnoqrst]|info|int)|(j[emop]|jobs)|k[eghimnprwyz]|l[abcikrstuvy]|(m[acdeghklmnopqrstuvwxyz]|mil|mobi|museum)|(n[acefgilopruz]|name|net)|(om|org)|(p[aefghklmnrstwy]|pro)|qa|r[eouw]|s[abcdeghijklmnortvyz]|(t[cdfghjklmnoprtvwz]|travel)|u[agkmsyz]|v[aceginu]|w[fs]|y[etu]|z[amw])(\/)(.*)$/i';

thank you for reporting this!

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic