This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Activating code on HTML once form button clicked...?

1. tmparisi

Is there anyway to send information back and forth between MachForm and your HTML page? The reason I ask is this: So I have a form that once the user completes it they are asked to review it, and finally can click 'submit'. Pretty standard. However once submit is clicked I would like to activate a specific piece of javascript sitting on my HTML page. The script looks like:

' <script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function($) {
    $("#btnReservation").bind("click",function(){
    $.Growl.show("You should receive an email confirmation shortly.", {
    'title' : "Reservation Submitted!",
    'icon' : "checkmark",
    'timeout': "10000"
    });
    });
    });
    </script>'

Its purpose is to sort of popup and display a message utilizing a jquery plugin. As you can see, it is currently known as "#btnReservation" as that is how I would call it from a normal HTML button, such as:

'<button id="btnReservation" type="button">Test Button</button> '

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

You can create a custom confirmation page, instead of using the standard "Thank you for your message". You set that up in the Form Properties, there's a option for custom confirmation page, you can put your code in there, I expect.

If that's not what you want, I don't know how else you could do it without modifying the PHP code, to do this for a particular form. Also not sure if you can pass parameters to this page from the form (it would probably have to be a PHP page, not straight HTML if it has dynamic elements to it).

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. tmparisi

Hmmm, I guess I was hoping there was maybe a way to work this code into/through the machform_loader.js file? Some how pass the info into the javascript?

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic