This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Add a "submit code" or "ticket number" to submission confirmation page?

1. pkirill

So I was just wondering if anyone had come up with a way to put a unique code or ticket number on the submission confirmation page? I have been handed the task of creating a form for a raffle entry. Each submission earns a ticket - or a code - and anyone can submit as often as they like so no crazy logic required. Before I dive in, I thought I'd ask here. Thanks for any ideas!

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. yuniar

If you're using v4.7 already, there is an option to generate random code as default value for Single Line Text field:
    http://www.appnitro.com/blog-machform47-released

I suppose you can simply add that field, set the random code option and set the field as hidden.

You can then display the random code on the submission confirmation page by using the merge tag of your text field.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. pkirill

Thank you so much! I also just discovered the Merge Tags and have been experimenting with them as well. You solution will work perfectly for what I need. Thank you again!

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. pkirill

One small issue with the hidden field - when I use the merge tag for the hidden field in the submission page, it works perfectly and displays the field value. The notification email sent to myself also includes the field value when using the merge tag in the body of the email.

However, when I include the same merge code in the Confirmation Email body, it just displays the merge tag ({element_8}) and not the field value. Is this by design or is there a way I can work around it? Much thanks!

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. yuniar

This might be a bug (I'll check it further).

Try to change the field visibility to "Visible" and then add the "hidden" class into the field "Custom CSS Class".
    This should work.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic