This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Add form to emails

1. ROYW1000

Hi

Is it possible to add the form code to an email so when people open the email the form displays within it.

If possible what is the best code to use in the email for example iframe or javascript.

Thanks
    Roy

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I would advise against it, since not all email readers display HTML emails (or I should say, not all users choose to view HTML emails, and prefer text-only).

An email message is not a web browser, so other than the very basic HTML, I would suggest this is not possible, unless you can somehow edit the (HTML) code of the email and copy on the embed code in the usual way you would do with a web page and test it. It depends on the email client; I tried "view source" or "edit code" in Outlook 2007 and no such option exists in the new message window.

I wouldn't think an email message would support Javascript as that is a client-side (browser) function.

It would be easier and quicker to simply include a link to the page with the form on the web site.

Still I could be wrong, and web-mail based systems may be able to do this, but again, not all recipients may use gmail or yahoo etc.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic