This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Adding label under Email field

1. msfbiz

Hello,

I'd like to add a link to the privacy policy.

How can I add a label that would appear under the email field (in addition to the regular label above the field)?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

You can use this method:
    http://www.appnitro.com/doc-bottom-guidelines

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. AMurray
    Pro Member

Yuniar, that method changes the field label from top to bottom; but the OP asking how to put it in both positions (top and bottom)?

msfbiz
    Linking to a page from Machform
    From a Machform form page, you can link to any web page you wish. Just type the HTML code for a hyperlink to a page, or a file (word doc, pdf etc) containing your policy. You can use HTML in most fields e.g. use a section break and type the code long-hand e.g. <a href="your_privacy_policy.html">Privacy Policy</a> Change the URL in the above example to suit your site.

If you wanted to use a pop-up window or light-box, I'm not sure how you would do that, probably add the java-script and/or CSS to the existing files?

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Actually, the method on the link above will change the "guidelines" position to the bottom and keep the field label position intact.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. msfbiz

Hi Yuniar,

Your solution would seem to answer my question except that I have MachForm 2 (as indicated in my Post) not MachForm 3.

I cannot find the Custom CSS Class functionality MachForm 2 and I believe it is specific to MachForm 3.

Is there a workaround for MachForm 2?

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. msfbiz

Hello Yuniar,

So, is there a workaround for MachForm 2?

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Sorry for the delay on this. If you are using version 2, you can try adding this CSS code:

#li_2{
    	background: none !important;
    	border: none !important;
    	font-size:105%;
    	line-height:100%;
    	margin: 0 !important;
        padding: 0 0 5px;
    	visibility:visible;
    	width:100%;
    	position: static;
    	clear: both;
    }

I assume that your form field is having element id number 2. If you have different number, simply change the above "#li_2"

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. msfbiz

Hi Yuniar,

I have added the CSS code you provided with proper id number and have added text as a guideline.

However the Guideline text still appears on the side and not under the field.

What am I missing?

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. yuniar

Can you post the URL of your form please? I'll check it.
    Or send it via email if you don't want to post it here.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic