This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Adding Notes

1. alvordr

I love this utility. However, I have one feature request that I think would help everyone.

Can we have a field that is called note or notes that will allow us to add instructions for the person filling out the form?

Currently, I have to use a section break. However, if my section breaks are labeled, "Step 1," "Step 2," and so on, and I format them a certain way, then my note gets formatted that way, also. I would prefer to be able to add a note or instruction for the user that doesn't get bolded, enlarged, and blue, for example.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. alvordr

I just thought of one other feature that would help. Please also add the ability to name a form in the admin panel that isn't tied to the name of the form, itself.

For example, supposed you have 5 forms named "Contact Form." In the admin panel, they all show up with the same name. This makes it very difficult to determine which form your editing in the admin panel and wastes a bit of time.

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Thank you for the feedback with the form names. To help a bit, I think you can display your form ID number along with form name, to make it easier to recognize.

Edit your "manage_form.php" search around line 459 for this:

<h3><?php echo "$i.&nbsp; {$data['form_name']}" ?></h3>

change it to become:

<h3><?php echo "$i.&nbsp; {$data['form_name']} (ID#: {$data['form_id']})" ?></h3>

This way, if you have this form URL:
    http://www.example.com/machform/view.php?id=7

and the name is "Sample Form", it would be displayed as:

Sample Form (ID#: 7)

which only visible within your admin panel.

Regarding the notes, I'm not really sure about this one.
    Can't you use the Guidelines field to add instruction for each of your form field?

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. ryanpowell

I believe I might be looking for the same "notes" feature or at least a workaround.

I have a section break set up as "Contact Person" and then specific fields setup below that. This worked great until my client didn't want the default Date option for a "Date of Birth" field. They wanted the "Date of Birth" to be drop downs (a drop down for month, drop down for the day, and drop down for the year). I'm able to create those three drop downs and place them on the same line but I have no way of classifying those three fields as "Date of Birth" without it having the same styling as the main section break header.

All I need is a way of adding text above those three fields. Is this possible in any way? Perhaps a way to style just one section break?

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. yuniar

You can style one section break, check my reply here:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/style-section-breaks?replies=2#post-7255

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic