This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Address Field

1. sve

Is there anyway I can remove field from the field address? I do not want the Address Line 2 to appear....Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. sve

Sorry, I forgot to ask one more thing. I would like my comments to display on the right hand side, like if the form where split into two columns. I have tried to do this through the css and I can move the textarea field, but not the title since it shares it class "description" with all the other titles of the form. Is there any way that I can give comments a new class name on the html side? How could I access the html that affects my form?

Thank you!

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. yuniar

To hide the second address, you can use CSS to do so. Lets say your address field id's is 4 then you can put these CSS code:

#li_4_div_2
    {
    display:none;
    }

Regarding your second question, do you mean you would like to have the labels of your field on the left side instead of the top of the field?

If so, check this post:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/label-038-input-box-on-same-lin?replies=13

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. sve

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.The solution for the field worked great!

Not really, What I am trying to do is to move only the comments field to the right side, so I would have name, email, phone, and address on the left and comments and the submit button on the right. I was able to accomplish this, but I do have a gap between email and address that I would like to get rid off. I have noticed that if I decreased the height of the comments field this gap gets fixed, but I do need the comments field to be tall. Any ideas?

The link to the form is http://onlywayrealty.com/forms/view.php?id=7

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. sve

Also.....I've tried to make my country drop down field smaller, but have not been able to decrease its size. If you could help me out with this as well that will be great. Once again, thank you!

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Ah.. I see.
    I notice the gap is between email and phone.

To reduce the gap, you can set the height of the email field.
    Try this:

#li_3 {
      clear:left;
      height:45px;
      width:45%;
    }

and then adjust the top margin of your submit button:

#main_body .buttons {
      clear:both;
      display:block;
      margin-top:40px;
    }

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  7. sve

It worked. Thank you so much! Your help is greatly appreciated it!

Posted 14 years ago #
  8. sve

But...........I just happen to click submit without filling the required fields, and the warning text "This field is required. Please enter a value." is still being push down, so it appears behind the field phone. I looked into that and one tentative solution is to set the display of #main_body form p.error {display:none; ; however is there is anyway to make it go out without having to get rid of it will be much better.
    Also.....I've tried to make my country drop down field smaller, but have not been able to decrease its width to match with state.

In another topic, I read a posting that to be able to remove the Power By text I need to make a request for this. The reason why is that I am building this site for a client and he told me is there was a way to remove this, he will prefer to do so.

Thank you!

Posted 14 years ago #
  9. yuniar

Try adding this as well:

#li_3.error{ height: 85px; }

and yes, feel free to remove the "Powered by MachForm" link from your form.

To remove the "Powered by MachForm", you will need to edit two files:

- includes/view-functions.php
    - includes/helper-functions.php

Search for the word "Powered by" there and you'll find it on few places. Remove all of them.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  10. lumpi

Hey there,

need some help with the Address-field, too. I want to get rid of the fields "Address line 2" and "State" without letting the form fail validation. How do I do that?

Posted 14 years ago #
  11. redityo

Hi lumpi,

Try to follow the method that posted in here for removing "address line 2" and "state"

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/req-change-remove-and-sort-address-fields?replies=10#post-2393

then to removing the validation, you should edit "post-functions.php". Go to line 464 and 1624, you'll see these code :

$rules[$element_name_4]['required'] = true;

remove or comment that code

MachForm Support

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic