This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Advance Uploader Options - Attach Files Link

1. freeze2

When using the Advance Uploader Options a link appears that says:

Attach Files / linked to (javascript:$('#element_9').uploadifyUpload();)

Can you please describe what purpose this serves.

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

By default the file will be automatically being uploaded as soon as the file being selected. However, when you disable this option, the "Attach Files" link will be displayed and you need to click it to start uploading the file.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. freeze2

Thanks for the explanation Yuniar.

I'm thinking that this would be very confusing for the person filling out the form, do you think that in a future release it would be possible to do away with the extra step of having to click the link to attach the file?

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Actually, that is the default already. The users won't need to do any extra step to upload the files.
    Most likely you accidentally disabled this option. To enable it again, simply edit your form, click your file upload field and make sure that the property "Automatically Upload Files" is being checked.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. freeze2

Thanks Yuniar, you are correct...as I did not have the "Automatically Upload Files" checked...it now works as I was hoping for.

Also, for the "Browse" button, I noticed that it is a png file with transparent background, though when it shows on my page (which as a background color) where the form is embedded, the background of the button is not transparent, but rather leaves a white box around the button. I have tried this on IE7 through 9 as well as FF10 and they all reproduce the same thing. Is there any way to have the button display with a transparent background?

Thanks again

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Saghalie
    Pro Member

Here try this button: http://websites.homeftp.org/buttons/images/button.png - copy it the machform images folder and don't forget to rename it to the current browse button name, and don't forget to backup the original button FIRST.

If the link doesn't work, just wait for a bit, it's on my testing server and it's not up all the time. I usually keep it on as long as possible but I have to shutdown and sleep sometime :)

If you can never get it, just yell, I upload it to my production server

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. freeze2

Thanks Saghalie...unfortunately the problem is not with the button image, as the image that comes with the script does have a transparent background.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Saghalie
    Pro Member

I see what you are talking about now. When you view the form - instead of the button, it shows the button as a box instead of the button itself.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. freeze2

I just updated to 3.1 and the white box around the "Browse" button problem still exists. Can we expect 3.2 to fix this issue?

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. yuniar

This is actually due to the flash component. I'm not sure if we could set the background to transparent, but I'll take a look into this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. freeze2

Thanks Yuniar

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. yuniar

I've checked this further and I think I found the solution for this. It's quite easy actually.
    Edit this file "machform/js/uploadify/jquery.uploadify.js"

Search around line 40 for this code:

wmode           : 'opaque',

change it to become:

wmode           : 'transparent',

and that would make it transparent :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. freeze2

Yes sir...that did the trick :)

Thanks for this Yuniar, will this now be the default setting in upcoming releases?

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic