This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Allow Users to Edit Entries

1. almasco

Hi Yuniar,

I have been working on making my end users able to edit their entries. I have been 99% successful. I duplicated edit_entry.php, edit_entry.css, header.php and was able to edit them enough to make the form show up populated with the values in the database for that entry. I also made a minor change to view_functions.php starting on line 4875.

//my custom changes
    			if(!empty($edit_id) && $form_id == 9){
    				$view_css_markup = '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/edit_app.css" media="all" />';
    			}
    			// end of my custom changes
    			else if(!empty($edit_id)){
    				$view_css_markup = '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/edit_entry.css" media="all" />';
    			}
    			else{
    				$view_css_markup = "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" href=\"{$machform_path}{$css_dir}view.css\" media=\"all\" />";
    			}

I am also able to dynamically populate some of the fields on the form by placing query values in the URL.

The only issue I am having now is that when I submit the form to save my changes, I get the error saying "There was a problem with your submission. Errors have been highlighted below." even though all the required fields have been filled. Also the form does NOT highlight where the error is so I can't tell what is going on. Could you help me on this? If you can, let me know so I can give you my form URL.

I know this is extreme customization, however I need this feature in order to maintain the same user experience for my users. I don't want to have to use a whole new form management system just to allow my users to edit their entries. I hope this feature becomes standard in your next release.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

almasco, can you let me know the URL to the page and send me your "includes/post-functions.php" file please? I'll check it.

You can mail it to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. overhemden

Hi Yuniar,

I have been looking looking for this too. We want our clients to be able to change their entries after sending the form. We have a shirt making companu and people give us their sizes via the machforms. We want them to be able to change their sizes if they want to. Also is it important that they cannot see entries from other clients, only the ones from themselves. Can you help us?

Greetz Mark
    Serafino

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. amigamerlin

+1 for me. Letting the user modify the entries after sending can be a good and sefull function ... can be added in the adimin control panel of the next release (3.4)?

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. yuniar

I'm afraid we don't have any plan to do this yet. Sorry

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. amigamerlin

ok I can understand :(.

Please almasco,
    for what I've read this is only one part of the code you wrote to add "customer form edit" functionality; when the code is tested and fully working could you please publish it here?
    Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic