This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

another form logic request...

1. walags

well i really wasn't expecting to be able to do my last request, but yall knocked it out pretty easily. i'v got one more thing i would like to do. in this example you have 4 drop-down elements. the first three have two options, and the last has all options. the forth drop-down is a required field...

DD1: A or B
    DD2: C or D
    DD3: E or F

DD4*: A or B or C or D or E or F

Is there a way to prohibit a user from selecting an option in DD4 which was not selected in a previous DD? and customize the error message.

This logic would be icing on the cake for me, and would need a paypal link to show my appreciation!

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi walags.

Unfortunately, this kind of logic is one of the most requested feature, but I have no solution for this yet. Sorry!

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. walags

i remember seeing many people who want that DD4 automatically populated with only available options, i don't mind it having every option but then giving an error if not a valid option.

i was thinking i could add the value of each element to an array and then once i get to the last element run a function that sees if it is valid. if not then give an error

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic