This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Anyway to add form title and description in the attached pdf..

1. theMezz

Anyway to add form title and description in the attached pdf
    that gets emailed with the data from the from ?

Thanks,
    Joe

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. williamansley

You should be able to do this if have the access to the backend Machform database and the knowledge to modify it safely, along with some html knowledge. In fact, you should be able to customize the attached PDF file pretty much any way you would like. See the thread below for more information:

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/customize-pdfs?replies=10#post-23442

Please note, I have not tried this myself, so I can't say that it definitely works, or offer any help if you have trouble.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. agdm619

It in fact does work, but your HTML must be prefect or it will not properly render out the PDF or will cause random errors. I tried for awhile to use this method and found myself being flustered and decided to skip it.

I'm awaiting the update that will included a GUI or WYSIWYG editor built into MachForm to create custom PDF's.

In the mean time, I'm using my custom HTML code and putting it in the notification email and then we send it to noheaders@pdfcovert.me to create my custom PDF's (and it does a very nice job by the way) and then the PDF email is sent to the customer/user from pdfconvert.me. It's not super professional coming from another companies email address but works for us until we can use MachForm to handle our PDF needs.

One note is that pdfconvert.me offers a self hosted solution as well here --> https://github.com/thunderkeys/pdfconvertme-public . Looks like it requires a good set of skills and specific software and hardware to implement.

Looking forward to MachForm's solution! :)

Aaron

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

@theMezz: I looked at your question again and see I made a misstatement. You can add the form title as I described, but not the description because there is no merge tag for that. You could copy and past the description into the html template in the database, but it wouldn't update when you changed the description in the form, so that wouldn't be a very good solution.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. theMezz

Thank you. I appreciate the time. I do not want to modify any code.
    I hate doing that because as soon as an upgrade comes out - I am back at square one, and I do not have the time to mess around with code - I am not very good at that and only use trial and error -- mostly error ! ha

I just wanted to suggest it as a feature, so the PDF would look more like the actual form itself - for record keeping purposes

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic