This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Attached Files not working all the time.

1. sjones

Hello:

I am having a problem with attachments. Guests fill out the forms and attach a file (usually a word doc or excel spreadsheet). 80% of the time everthing work fine, but the rest of the time, when I receive the machform email and click on the attachment link, I get a message saying: Error. File Not Found!. If I go into the machform console and click on the entry and open the file from there I get the same error.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. freeze2

Yes, I actually had the same thing happen. When I checked with the person that sent the form, they had said that the file they were sending was too large and it was giving an error. I'm not sure why a link was still sent with the email as nothing was actually uploaded.

Not sure if this is related to your situation or not...

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. yuniar

If your form sometime able to receive the file and sometime not, then most likely the uploaded file was larger than the current limit being set on your server. Each hosting company has their own limit regarding maximum file allowed to be uploaded through PHP script.

The default is 2MB on most hosting, but you might want to contact your hosting tech support to confirm.
    If possible, ask them to raise the limit.

If this is not possible and you are using a shared hosting, you might want to consider upgrading to a VPS, so that you will have full control over the limit.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic