This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Auto Email with Payment Status

1. nicklap

How can I easily remove the Payment status from the automatic data on form submission. It shows unpaid on submission but the form then goes to the PayPal site where payment takes place. The IPN works correctly but the submit email has already gone possibly causing confusion to the buyer.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. hipeople

Hi nicklap, where it says unpaid once they have filled out there details on pay pal will that change to paid ?

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. nicklap

Hi hipeople, it will only show "Paid" on the Form's entries within the database, not on the email that is initially sent out on submit, before transferring to the PayPal payment page. Hence the potential confusion when people receive a receipt email that says unpaid when they have just paid...

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

nicklap -- you are right. It doesn't make sense to display UNPAID status on the email when using PayPal as merchant.
    It might be useful when we enabled the "delay notification until paid" feature within PayPal (Stripe currently has this feature).

We'll improve this behavior. Thank you for this.

As for now, you can remove it by editing the "includes/helper-functions.php" file.
    Search around line 462 - 470 for this block of code:

//get payment status
    $total_entry_details++;
    if(!empty($payment_test_mode)){
        $entry_details[$total_entry_details]['value'] = strtoupper($payment_status).' (TEST mode)';
    }else{
        $entry_details[$total_entry_details]['value'] = strtoupper($payment_status);
    }

$entry_details[$total_entry_details]['label'] = $mf_lang['payment_status'];

you can remove or comment that whole block of code.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. nicklap

Thanks Yuniar.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. he4gaveme

So, after PayPal payment is confirmed, the only way to send a receipt via Machform is to login to the admin and send from there? (where the payment status now says PAID)???

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. he4gaveme

I also assume that PayPal sends some sort of generic notification of the payment received, correct? I am trying to ensure the user gets a tax receipt for PAID status of a donation (preferably from the customized email confirmation in Machform, done automatically after its actually paid).

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. yuniar

he4gaveme -- at this moment you will need to resend the receipt indeed, if you would like the "PAID" status to be included.

We're currently working to provide fully customizable invoice email for both PayPal and Stripe, which should be sent to the user automatically once their payment succeeded.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. he4gaveme

Ok. There is a slight problem - when logging into the system and sending one of the records again via email, it uses the custom email configuration for the "Send Notification Emails to My Inbox" NOT for the "Send Confirmation Email to User".

I am quite sure most users have a more detailed response to their own system vs. the users' email which include a different message! It would be nice to have the option to send the appropriate pre-customized message to either party.

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. Saghalie
    Pro Member

h34gaveme,

You should be able to select the form that the user filled out and resend it. That is the beauty of this system. Just click the entries button and select the entry in the database. A form should pop up with the entry and you can then select "email" (on the right hand side) and send to whomever you desire (usually the mail address on the form itself).

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. williamansley

@Saghalie: You are not quite following he4gaveme's complaint. He doesn't want to re-send the contents of a form submission as an email, he wants to resend the automatic confirmation email manually, which the Machform admin panel currently doesn't allow. I agree that this would be a useful additional feature, especially when dealing with collecting payments to allow us to deal with special cases and as a stop gap measure while more robust payment notifications features are added to Machform.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic