This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

AUTO INCREMENT FIELD

1. dennisturner

Is there any way to add an auto incrementing numeric field to a form? One that could be used for an invoice number or receipt number.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. walags

you can set the default value of a field to be that of a session variable

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. redityo

Hi ..

you can make some modification on "includes/view-functions.php" files to make auto increment value, try to insert this code in line 38 - 39

I assume, you want to get auto increment value in form_1 in element_1. You also can make your own invoice number logic to that code :)

//get auto increment value
    $query = "SELECT
    				max(element_1) max_id
    			FROM
    				ap_form_{$_GET['id']}
    		 ";

$result = do_query($query);

$autoValue = 1;

while($row = do_fetch_result($result)){
    	$autoValue = $row['max_id'] + 1;
    }		

if ($element->id == '1' && $_GET['id'] == 1	)
    	$element->default_value = $autoValue;
    else
    	$element->default_value = $element->default_value;

MachForm Support

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. dennisturner

Thanks. I have entered this code and posted to my site. I guess I need to read more about PHP to learn how to implement this information. I put the auto increment field as the first field on my form. But It does not get show on the page with the number. Obviously there is something that I am not doing correctly.

I also tried to set a different fields defualt value to: [#{entry_no}]. Since this value would work - I used the format needed for the email setup. This did not work either.

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. redityo

is there any error message show in your page? I have try that code on my server and it works fine. can you show me the url of your machform ?

or maybe you can send me "view-functions.php" file to customer.service[at]appnitro.com, I will check it for you

MachForm Support

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic