This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Automatic Scheduling

1. tduncandesign

I have registration forms with different early registration price tiers.

I have duplicated my forms, and edited pricing based on each tier, and set the date range that pricing is valid in each form's Automatic Scheduling fields.

How does implementation work? Can I just stack each form's div ID mf_placeholder in my layout, and include the JS files once, and each form will activate/deactivate on schedule, OR do I need to build my own PHP logic in the layout to evaluate dates and thus show or hide each form?

I get that the Automatic Scheduling makes a form active or inactive, but I'm not clear if that extends to rendering or not rendering the form in layout.

Thanks for any insight!

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. frankzobitz

Yes, activating the scheduling does affect if your form is visible on your website.

I like your approach, however, when two of the forms are inactive, there will be a message displayed: This form is currently inactive. Therefore, you will need to do some internal programming to remove that message. Personally, I think it would be easier to create your own PHP logic to choose which form to display to avoid messing with MachForm's internal code.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. williamansley

With recent versions of Machform, you can customize the "Inactive Form" message. I just played with this a bit in v. 4.7 and found that while I couldn't delete the message entirely (you get a prompt requesting that you enter a message), or replace it with one or more blank spaces (the last successfully submitted non-empty message that didn't consist entirely of spaces reappears), you can use html and enter non-breaking spaces (&nbsp;) or use inline CSS to hide text (<span style="visibility:hidden;">No message</span>).

One annoyance of customizing the "Inactive Form" message is that to do so you have to, temporarily at least manually inactivate the form, using the "Disable" tab at the bottom right end of the form title "bar" for your form in the Form Manager. This is the only way to display the dialog box for customizing the "Inactive Form" message. When you "Enable" the form again, the message will still be there and will be displayed when the form is automatically disabled.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic