This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Automatic Scheduling - Form Properties (BUG?)

1. AMurray
    Pro Member

I have found some strange behaviour with the Automatic Scheduling of the form to be active between the date range set. It doesn't seem to enable the form within the time frame specified, regardless of the Form Manager setting for the form to be Enabled/Disabled. It always comes up as Disabled and if I turn Automatic Scheduling off, then it resumes normal operation.

Has anyone else found this - in any version (3.x) that has the Automatic Scheduling feature?

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Steve1951

It has always worked perfectly on previous versions. I just tested it using version 3.5 and it worked properly down to the minute. If I were to hazard a guess, I think your problem is that you have the form disabled on the form manager screen. The form must be enabled on the form manager screen for Automatic Scheduling to work. If it is disabled on the form manager screen the form will never be displayed regardless of the Automatic Scheduling settings. Looking at your post is seems you have tried it both ways so that may not be the problem.

Have you tried a wide range of dates? The enable time could be off a few hours depending on the time zone setting in php.ini.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Try to check the timezone setting of the PHP on your server.
    The easiest way to do this is by submitting a form and then check it into the entries section, see the timestamp of your submission and make sure it has the correct time.

If you see different time there, you need to edit your php.ini file and set the correct timezone there.
    If editing the php.ini file is not possible, you can edit your "includes/init.php" file. Search for this line:

date_default_timezone_set(@date_default_timezone_get());

change it to be something like this:

date_default_timezone_set('Australia/Melbourne');

on the above sample, it would set your timezone to "Australia/Melbourne".

Here is the list of the complete timezone you can use:
    http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

Yuniar,

The change to the init.php file seems to work and I changed it to 'Australia/Perth' - timestamp of entries now shows my local time and forms appear to be disabled outside the set time/date

Thanks.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic