This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Better solution for displaying long multiple choice options.

1. MvdL1979

Yuniar,

Do you have a solution or maybe an idea to make (very) long multiple choice options being displayed nicer?

I created the following two examples to give you an idea of what I mean.

Example:
    AMD Opteron 175 - 2.2 Ghz Dual-Core - 8 GB RAM - 2x 1 TB HDD RAID 1 - 19.95 USD per month
    AMD Opteron 185 - 2.6 Ghz Dual-Core - 16 GB RAM - 4x 1 TB HDD RAID 1 - 29.95 USD per month

This is too long (obviously), however I need the above information being displayed. Yes, all of it.
    The above results the multiple choice answers to be "cut" into 2 pieces (because of the length) and the last parts gets moved to the 2nd line, however this is not done very "gracefully".

So I tried adding a <br> in there to make it look nicer. Like this:

AMD Opteron 175 - 2.2 Ghz Dual-Core - 8 GB RAM<br>
    2x 1 TB HDD RAID 1 - 19.95 USD per month

AMD Opteron 185 - 2.6 Ghz Dual-Core - 16 GB RAM<br>
    4x 1 TB HDD RAID 1 - 29.95 USD per month

I don't know if this a good or correct solution. And I was wondering if you had a better idea.
    Maybe a different option is to decrease the font-size of the multiple options, but this cannot be done from within MachForm (or I must have overlooked it somewhere).

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. williamansley

@MvdL1979: There is nothing wrong with using break tags, if the result is acceptable to you visually. You can change the font size, as well as the "type face," within certain limits, by creating a custom theme and then assigning it to your form. For help with this, see the documentation:

http://www.appnitro.com/doc-theme-editor

If this doesn't provide enough guidance, you can ask for more help here.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic