This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Bulk User Add and Email Password

1. ROYW1000

Hi

Is it possible to do the following:

1) Bulk upload users and send a confirmation email with the username and password as I cant see a button to do this.

2) Is it also possible when someone clicks forgot password the password can start with some characters like TES so when they login I can use some validation to prompt them to change the password. I need this feature as I have added validation into the password change page to ensure all password are a minimum of 8 characters and contain at least 1 Uppercase, 1 Lowercase and 1 numbers as a minimum in the 8 characters.

Thanks
    Roy

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Roy,

1) There is option to bulk upload users already. Simply click the Create New User button and then click the "Switch to Bulk Add Users" link.
    It won't send confirmation email containing the username and password though.

2) You can modify the "reset_password.php" file. Search around line 46 for this code:

$new_password = generate_random_string('ABCDEFGHJKMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghjkmnpqrstuvwxyz23456789',10);

the code basically assign random string for the new password. You can change it to be like this:

$new_password = 'TES'.generate_random_string('ABCDEFGHJKMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghjkmnpqrstuvwxyz23456789',10);

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic