This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Calculate number of night

1. WayneFusco

Not sure why you don't offer a calculate field that would make this job so damn easy but.. So I have a check in date and a check out date. now I need to show the number of nights/days.. How?

Lets see how long I wait seeing that I needed this answer last night

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. rnlong

I too need calculated fields. I have asked support before but they only said that it depended upon how many people wanted it that they would consider using it. I would think based upon a quick perusing of the forum that many of us want this. Hopefully they will come thru soon on this

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. agdm619

We too could use this functionality! :)

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Saghalie
    Pro Member

You can do this if you have a little JavaScript knowledge. MachForm provides a way to add a JavaScript to your forms. Go to the Form Properties tag in the form and expand the "Show more options" list. At the very bottom there is an "Advanced Option" where you can put in the name of the Java Script you want to use (or rather the full URL).

Here is some example code that I got off the Internet:

function addNumbers()
                    {
                            var val1 = parseInt(document.getElementById("value1").value);
                            var val2 = parseInt(document.getElementById("value2").value);
                            var ansD = document.getElementById("answer");
                            ansD.value = val1 + val2;
                    }

Of course you have to change your "value" to whatever your fields are.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. WayneFusco

that would be great except I know little about java and therefore wouldst know where to start and anyone who is smart, should be able to understand this is a needed option. Dont you think?

As side from the fact I need this form finished for a customer, paid money this software, and its been 2 days without a solid answer..

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. williamansley

@WayneFusco: I want to make it clear that I have nothing to do with Appnitro or Machform development, aside from being a customer who owns and uses the software and contributes to this forum more often than most. I am not speaking for Appnitro and I don't have any inside knowledge, so I may be incorrect in what I say, although I believe my statements are accurate.

The simple, unfortunate fact is that Machform doesn't have the feature you want. I agree with you and others that this feature would be very useful, but it is not essential to Machform's stated purpose (collecting data) and is not something that Appnitro claims it can do. You should not expect that it will be added any time soon or that Machform will give you a timeline for when it may be added; they don't share their product road map with customers until they are nearly ready to release a new version.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic