This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Calculate price of multiple dropdown fields

1. danielmee

I have an event that has three price points for people attending. Is it possible for the quantity field to calculate the total price if someone selects 3x people at $65, 1x person at $30 and 2x people at $5?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

You can use a check box for the price, and drop down for the number of people for each price level.

This is a very rough form example of what I believe you're wanting to do:

https://www.murraywebs.net/mf/view.php?id=22015

I did it with check box for selecting the item (one choice for each price level).

Then use a number field for each price.

In the field property for NUmber field, you can associate it to the relevant check box.

Then in Payments, you have to pick the fields and assign the correct prices. In my example, I have set the payment method to check/cash but you can see it adding up on the screen. THe layout is a little funny, but the function works.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. danielmee

Wow AMurray! Thanks heaps. Still not sure how you did it but I'm going to see if I can figure it out first. I also had no idea that you could lay out the checkbox and number field like that!? Is that a custom CSS thing?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. danielmee

I was able to get it working! Thanks heaps. Doing that process helped me to understand how the pricing thing all worked. The final way I did it was to assign values to each dropdown option. So it they chose 3 full priced people attending, the 3 had been pre-assigned the value $195 (65*3).
    Thanks again @AMurray

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic