This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

can I install and create forms locally?

1. mojoesque

Hello. I'm looking for a solution for easily creating html forms. i'm an experienced designer and i know my way around html and css, i just don't have time to learn php or another language to create forms. i found the MachForm product through a search, and it's got everything i'm looking for: great looking forms with a full-featured build tool, modern valid code and it creates css so i can modify for my sites, etc. i was getting ready to order when i started reading about installation. does this software need to be installed and run on a web server to work properly? what i'm really looking for is a standalone app that i can run locally to create the html/css/php etc. files and then easily integrate that code into my client's sites. this is what i do now with a program called Coffee Cup Form Builder, but that app creates the forms in Flash which i do not want. suggestions?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hello there, sorry I'm afraid MachForm is not a standalone desktop app as Coffee Cup Form Builder. You will need to install MachForm on your web server.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. mojoesque

that's too bad. thanks for your prompt reply!

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. ggmaury

Yes, you can If you use XAMPP (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html) which is an apache/php/mysql/filezilla/mercurymail server app so you can run the scripts locally.
    I'm using it to get to know machform before I publish on my website and it works.
    It's faster to make tests locally than sending info across the internet.
    Maybe the problem will be that I'll need to find a way to move the database to the webserver without hassle.

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic