This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Can send over SMTP - Cannot modify header information

1. rocketmedia

I'm trying to configure Machform to send over SMTP. I have configured config.php to set 'USE_SMTP' to true, and defined all of the other variables with accurate info (host, port, auth true, user, password), and when submitting get an error message that it can't send to the email address. The php error log shows:

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /.../includes/helper-functions.php:482) in /.../view.php on line 40

Any ideas what could be causing this...is this an issue with the script? I've reviewed with the hosting provider and they're saying it's a script issue.

Thanks

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. rocketmedia

Sorry my title should have been CANNOT send over SMTP

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. rocketmedia

This is what I DID:
    I have configured config.php to set 'USE_SMTP' to true, and defined all of the other variables with accurate info (host, port, auth true, user, password) in attempt to configure the form to send over SMTP.

This is what I EXPECTED to happen:
    The form to send over SMTP

This is what ACTUALLY happened:
    The "thank you" page shows an error that could not send to email address. The php error
    log notes: PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /.../includes/helper-functions.php:482) in /.../view.php on line 40

To add to the "This is what ACTUALLY happened" section:

When submitting the form, the "thank you" page states: Error sending email: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: user@email.com.comError sending email: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: user@email.com

Where "user@email.com" is a valid email address.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

What version of MachForm do you use?
    Check your changelog.txt, look into the line at the bottom.

Version older than 2.1 doesn't support secure SMTP (usually port 587 or 465).
    If you are using old version, you will need to upgrade it to the latest version.

Simply go to customer area and download it there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. rocketmedia

Thanks Yunair, I think that was the problem. We're good now...thanks.

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. wfoxworth

I found the my solution which was in the Windows C:\htdocs\machform\config.php

Change this to true from false.
    /** SMTP settings **/
    /** Don't modify it unless you know you are using SMTP **/
    define('USE_SMTP',true); //set this to 'true' to use SMTP

Than add your Smart Host or SMTP Settings.
    define('SMTP_HOST','my.mysmtp.net');
    define('SMTP_PORT',25);
    define('SMTP_AUTH',false); //if your SMTP require authentification, set this to 'true'
    define('SMTP_USERNAME','YOUR_SMTP_USERNAME');
    define('SMTP_PASSWORD','YOUR_SMTP_PASSWORD');
    define('SMTP_SECURE',false); //set this to 'true' if your server is using secure SMTP (TLS/SSL)

Note: Smart Host don't require authentication so I left mine at false. Good Luck

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic