This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Can you have the label text show in the text form field? or hide label only?

1. tania

My client is wanting the label text, such as Name, Email Address, etc. show up in the text field form. Is there a way to do this? I was thinking of the following 2 solutions:

1. Hide the label text only, and still how the text form field with the default answer as "Name, etc". Can you hide just the label text?
    OR
    2. Have the label text overlap, if you will the text form field. Currently if you do this the two fields do not overlap very well. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you so much for your help.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. redityo

I think option 1 is easier, just put this CSS code to your CSS form to hide the field label

#li_1  label.description {
    display:none !important;
    }

don't forget to change the number with your field id's

MachForm Support

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. tania

Thanks! This worked great.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. ryanmilles

Hi there,
    I can hide the field label and enter in the default value so that the 'label' (name, email, etc.) is in the field, but when you click on the field it doesn't highlight the default value so that it can be typed over and replaced with user input. Very annoying. I've seen other forms and programs do this, so that the 'field label' (perhaps hidden) exists within the field itself so that when a user clicks the field it either highlights the text (to be typed over) or allows the cursor to go to the beginning (left) of the field and as soon as a user begins to type, the 'field label' disappears and the user typed input fills the field. I need to do this for space saving reasons, as I am using a form in a sidebar and with 'field labels' on the top of each field the vertical height is too much. Is this possible?

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. ryanmilles

Any update or solution to this yet for v3.4 and above?

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. webicine

I'm looking for this feature too. Is this available yet?

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. yuniar

You might want to try this modification:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/change-value-default-for-placeholder?replies=8

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic