This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Can you send the form data to a php script?

1. warthogweb

Can you send the form data to a php script on another domain - i.e. as a personal info collecting form prior to ecommerce?
    Martin

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I don't believe so, since the Machform has the processing code built in; it processes to a MySQL Db and also to your email.

I don't know the licence conditions allow the "other domain" thing....unless you purchase the extra licence(s), since the Machform has to be on the domain/web site you're using it on for it to work. Yuniar might correct me on this.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Andrew is correct. MachForm doesn't have this feature.

However, if you do some programming, you can customize MachForm code to do that.
    I can't help you with the code, but I'll give you a clue for you to continue.

To send data to other script on other domain, you'll need to use a web client library, such as this one: http://scripts.incutio.com/httpclient/index.php

Write the code and put it into MachForm code which process the submission.
    It should be placed inside process_form() function in includes/post-functions.php file.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. bob

I'm this-close to buying phpform, but have one question. If I create a form that stores data in a mysql db, is this database something hard-coded into phpform, or can it be a database and table structure of my own design (or in my case a monstrous app/db that already exists and we're trying to build forms for)? I'm sure the form source code can be edited by hand to accomplish this, but if I have to go to that much effort then might as well write the page from scratch. Didn't find a clear answer to this under Features or here in the forum, sorry if it's been asked and answered already. Thanks, Bob

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. yuniar

The database would have specific structure as required by MachForm. So you won't be able to design your own table structure.

If you already have an existing tables, I'm afraid MachForm won't be suitable for you. Sorry.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. bob

OK, too bad though. Of all the similar products I've looked at, I like the general look/feel of MachForm the most. Did I read correctly somewhere else that the source code for MachForm is included? If that's true can I assume that modifying it to suit my needs, IE write to other DB formats, wouldn't violate any license terms? Thanks, Bob

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. netwise

Bob,

Have you considered writing a simple utility to export the mach form database
    tweek and import into your current app?

Be less codeing, and could be set up on a cron job...

Just a thought ...

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Bob, MachForm is provided with full PHP source code, so yes you can modify it to suit your need.

However, we don't give support to customized MachForm, so it will be at your own risk.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic