This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Cannot send form entries via email

1. petersj77

Hi

Running Machform 4.3 and am unable to get the entries to email either automatically once the payment has been submitted via PayPal or manually from the entry in Machform itself

I have tried with using both he default and via smtp (using a couple of different servers) and neither option seems to work.

I get the following error message which doesn't give any info as to what the issue is

Error! Unable to send entry.
    Error message:

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

If your issue is urgent I would suggest, for a faster response, to email Appnitro Support directly - they drop by the forum now and then but their focus is on email support requests.

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Have you set a valid email for the "sender" address? Have you set your SMTP settings correctly per your email provider, ISP or hosting service?

Here's some other posts on the same issue, perhaps a resolution amongs them
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/search.php?q=Error!+Unable+to+send+entry.
    (for some reason the entire URL is broken - copy and paste the entire line above into your browser address field)

Are you using an email address e.g. gmail, yahoo or whatever as opposed to one associated to your domain?
    i.e. you@yourdomain.com instead of you@gmail.com

If you have a hosting service, it should give you the ability to create email accounts.

Does normal notification submission of a (non-payment) form work correctly?

Most likely the errors have been logged into a error log file - perhaps check with your host or email service (such as Gmail etc).

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Al

I have been having the same problem for a couple years. Most entries work but certain ones do not work. Yesterday, one client submitted 3 times with no success from different browsers (IE and Chrome). I will log into the admin panel and sometimes the entries are there but I can not forward as email to any addresses. I've also used my smtp option with no success. My hosting site, GoDaddy says its not because of their database and machform doesn't think it's in the coding either. I am forced to just tell customers I'm sorry and please email their entry via regular email. Customers are not happy. There doesn't seem to be a solution. I've asked for the machform to be re-installed to no success and GoDaddy's database technicians also don't have a solution claiming they are setup correctly.
    If anyone has a solution please contact me at aschuch@poetsstudy.com

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic