This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Captcha is somtimes not showing

1. emarioc

When I test my form I find that sometimes it show the captcha and sometimes it doesn't.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. emarioc

Okay, it would seem that it is all about the dog gone GMAIL!!!! Uggg., If I setup using one of my 1and1 accounts for validate for smtp everything seems to work as designed.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. emarioc

Okay new update I had tried so many things was getting a bit confused. I went back to gmail now using 465 for the port. It did work the first time. However, when I attempted to use the form a second time from the site I found that it is not asking me for the simple captcha again????

I am don't understand that. Is this normal? If I clear the cache on the browser and navigate to the form again I am asked for the simple captcha..

Any ideas?

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. yuniar

That is on purpose. Once a person has successfully submitted a CAPTCHA, we can be certain that he/she is a real human, hence MachForm won't display any CAPTCHA for any subsequent submissions.

This is valid during that particular session only, for that particular user. If the person closed the browser or the session expired, the captcha will be displayed again for that person.

We did this for usability reason and to increase the submission rate of your form.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. txadinternet

Is there any way to shut off the captcha remembering for a particular session? I don't want to limit the entry to once per IP, as we have a few repeat customers and they'd be blocked from submitting later on down the road. However, we've noticed an influx of spam, and I imagine once a spammer has filled the captcha out one time, they're able to repeatedly send through spam messages in that open session.

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. AMurray
    Pro Member

"...they're able to repeatedly send through spam messages in that open session."

Possibly, but most spam is not sent by a real person, but by automated 'bots' which is exactly what the CAPTCHA is designed to block.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic