This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Captcha not working

1. brettsmarta

hi

all of a sudden the captcha on my forms is not working - i have 2 licences installed on my server and both are malfunctioning - even if catcha code is typed correctly it errors and highlights the captcha area as the problem

here is one of the malfunctioning forms

http://smarta.com.au/smarta/contact.html

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. yuniar

we got your support ticket. let's continue there instead.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. brettsmarta

I haven't had a reply to my support ticket for over 18 ours despite several messages & emails

Has anyone else had this type of problem with Captcha?

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. yuniar

check your email please.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. Plastic
    Pro Member

I too just created a form on a new web site on a new server. Even on my "View Form" screen the captcha field shows the dreaded red X and a note saying "Please refresh your browser to see this image". Refreshing does not help. I saved it anyway and placed it on my site but the result is the same. Any help?

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. Plastic
    Pro Member

Well I guess the problem is the new server. For some reason (even the hosting people don't know why) the captcha will not work on their servers. I should have known. This is one of those $50 a year hosts that claims they have everything. I only selected them because my client wanted to save a lot of money. I switched back to my normal host and everything works just fine. To borrow the line from Red Rubber Ball sung by The Cyrcle (I think), "There's a lesson to be learned by this and I learned it very well"

Posted 14 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Most likely, your new server doesn't have PHP GD extension enabled, which is needed to render the captcha image.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  8. Plastic
    Pro Member

I contacted the host and he said GD support is enabled. I checked the sturcture and it does say GD support is enabled (version 2.0.34 compatible). The host has no other thoughts. Would you? Please remember that the same files work just fine on another hosting service. But I can't see any noticeable differences in how they are set up. Also, that even before I embed the code, the Captcha does not work in the View Form mode. I have MachForm working fine on about 15 sites now and have had no installation problems before installing on this new server. That tells me the server is the problem, not the program or the installer. Any thoughts about what to look for?

Posted 14 years ago #
  9. yuniar

The only possible cause I could think of is that the GD extension on that server is not completely installed.

It's pretty rare, but we had some of our customers are having GD extension installed without FreeType support.

Try to contact your host again and ask them to enable FreeType support for the GD extension.

To check if the FreeType support already enabled or not, you can run this PHP code:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Search into the GD extension section and look for the word FreeType. If it's there, then FreeType already enabled.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  10. Plastic
    Pro Member

You are absolutely correct! I checked the php info and freetype support was NOT enabled. In the meantime the hosting service did contact me and explained that same situation. They went in and enabled freetype support and the form is now working properly. I'm afraid I must apologize for earlier comments I made about this hosting service. They really did come thorugh for me, as did you yuniar. I am always amazed at how great your support system is. Thank you so much. I'm going to add this to my list of strange things that might happen.

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic