This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

change location of submit button

1. topangan

Hello,
    I have just completed my form and have a question about the location of the submit button. After completing the form currently, the submit button is the last button on the form. I would like to have a form that has the submit button before the end of the form as I have a section for my company use only that needs to be filled out once the submission is made. Is there a way to move the submit button to other places in the form?

Thanks, and great product!
    Greg

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I'm not sure as from your question how moving the submit button would achieve what you want to do.

If you have fields that only you as "admin" would fill in, then add those fields to the form, and for each, apply the "hidden field" (or "admin only") field property option.

The normal user won't know the fields exist (since they are hidden from them) but in Form Manager, if an admin user opens the submitted record, and edits the submission, they will see the extra admin only fields, they can fill these in and re-save the form.

Please try out the above, with a test form to see if that is what you're wanting and then post back here either way.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. topangan

Thank you so much for the advice. That worked like a charm! I must have missed that option when looking through the fields.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic