This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Changing Domain

1. smudge

Hi,

I bought a single licence machform which is all I need at present. I installed using a random domain to test. Now I am using it properly I wondered how I can move it so it 'belongs' to another domain? The old one will not be used at all. Is it easier to backup my data folder then re-install in the correct domain? I have no form data entries I need to keep, they are all test records.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. jaimar

Hi there! as far as i knw.. just upload all the folder togethere with the install.php and correct configuration of config.php..

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Yes, simply delete your old installation and install a new one on your new domain.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. smudge

What files do I need to backup in order to keep any forms I've created? A fresh install detected the existing so I was worried a multiple licence wouldn't work.

I guess it's the submissions/data/ directory I need to keep, complete a fresh install with updated config.php settings and I'm home free?

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. redityo

To keep your form, you need to export/backup your machform database and copy machform "data" folder from old domain.
    After that simply restore your backup database to new domain and re-configure "config.php" file for new database information.

MachForm Support

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. smudge

I still can't get this to work, it says it's already installed. How can I install it under the correct domain? Even if I buy another licence how do I know it will work?

randomunuseddomain.com - installed and tested
    newdomain - won't install.

iframe in newdomain site = wrong foot note and huuge whitespace area.

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic