This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Changing the url redirect's target

1. Alasdair

Hi all,

Just upgraded to version 2 - Looking great!

I was wondering if it's possible to change the target on the url redirect after submitting a form.

When a form is embedded in an iframe & set to display a text message on submission, the iframe will reload with the success message. The problem appears to be that when redirecting to a URL the target is set to _blank and so the page will load outside the iframe - is it possible to change this to _self or _parent, which would redirect to a page within the iframe rather than outside the frame?

Keep up the good work yuniar. I've been working on a PayPal integration concept and would like to share it with all of the other MachForm users when completed - I just need to crack the target issue.

All the best,

Alasdair

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hmm.. that's actually by design, to redirect the whole page.
    If you only need to redirect the content of iframe, edit your embed.php file.

Search around line 44, replace this one:

echo "<script type=\"text/javascript\">top.location = '{$submit_result['form_redirect']}'</script>";

with this:

echo "<script type=\"text/javascript\">parent.location = '{$submit_result['form_redirect']}'</script>";

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Alasdair

Thanks Yuniar,

Amazing support (as always) - version 2 is looking great btw

All the best

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. JugglerX

quick note: To make the thank you page open in the iframe use self.location

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. JessDelAngel

This is not working for me, please I need help... the iFrame is inside an iFrame in Facebook

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic