This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

CheckBoxes

1. GraemeH

I would like to use the Checkboxes to answer a question but they should allow one answer only. Currently you can check multiple Checkboxes instead of only one. I know that you can use a Matrix Field but is the a way of making Checkboxes single answer only?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. GraemeH

I have noticed the the MultiChoice Field and the CheckBox Field appear to be that same. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. castiron43

You want to use the Multiple Choice Field. This is also called a radio button. It only allows one item to be selected.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

By default check boxes don't behave the way radio buttons do - that's just the way those HTML elements work.

I think with javascript or HTML5 and CSS3 you can probably "disguise" radio buttons as check boxes (using images and such) to make the appearance more than just the HTML field default look.

So your radio buttons can be disguised as check box (image) which when clicked swap between the "checked" or "unchecked" state.

That functionality is not built into Machform at this time, as far as I know.

I expect such styling would have to be built into Machform, or you can write your own styles / custom CSS. Not sure how though as not a guru in CSS or HTML.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic