This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Choose next option based on answer

1. kentrichardson

For example, if someone selects their school from a drop down menu, I would like to automatically select their teacher's name based on their answer.

School A - Teacher 1
    School B - Teacher 2
    School C - Teacher 1
    School D - Teacher 3

http://www.bandfortoday.com/forms/machform/view.php?id=10907

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

You can do that with the conditional logic.

Is there only one relevant teacher per school? I think you have already got that working with some of the school names in your example form. You can make it show or hide the teacher name depending on the school and I see you already have the option marked as selected, so that is also good.

You are on the right track, you just need to complete the schools and teacher lists and build the logic rules to match each one accordingly.

It will take a bit of work to build the logic rules, but it can be done.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. kentrichardson

Thanks. The only issue with my current method is the teacher names are in different fields. I'd prefer teacher to be one field, with a multiple choice option for each teacher's name. Is there a way to select a teacher name from a list of 5 or 6?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

OK, so you can do that with the conditional logic to show or hide fields, based on choices in other fields, that is the only method available in MF currently.

e.g. have your drop down list of schools A, B, C, D

Then have a second list(or lists) with the teachers e.g. Teacher_List_A, Teacher_List_B, Teacher_List_C, Teacher_List_D

Within Teacher_List_A, have your teachers listed (radio button or whatever multi-choice type field you wish), and so on through B, C and D.

So when School_A is chosen, only the Teacher_List_A is then visible. If School_B is chosen, Teacher_List_A is made invisible, and Teacher_List_B is shown, and so on.

You can do the teacher list as a radio-button multiple choice and the whole 6 names will be shown, on selection of the relevant school

In the Conditional Logic, you then need to set up the rules like

If "School" = "School_A" then Show Teacher_List_A
    If "School" = "School_B" then show Teacher_List_B

and so on. The selection of the school then shows or hides the relevant Teacher list, so you shouldn't see "Teacher_List_A if you choose "School_B".

Hope that helps.

Here's the documentation, in case you haven't seen it: http://www.appnitro.com/blog-conditional-logic-field-page

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic