This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Chrome keep reloading / refreshing pages with machform

1. celsiusmarketing

http://jtech.staging.wpengine.com/contact-j-tech/

When you visit a page that has machform while using chrome, it reloads the pages on initial page load. No clue why this is happening but it only occurs in Chrome, works just fine in firefox. I put an alert on the page so you can see that it does reload / refresh page on initial load.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. celsiusmarketing

I received a response from support and this is what they said:

I see your form is coming from different domain name and when using javascript embed code, the script will reload the page to adjust the form height automatically .

If you have more questions, please let us know.

Here is the issue. This is against Google Adwords policy, you cannot have a landing page reload / refresh, all of our clients ads are now currently suspended. Do not use machforms if you plan on running adwords accounts for clients, eventually your account will go under review and they will suspend your accounts due to this breaking their landing page policy.

I think a better solutions is formstack, because their forms are not iframed into your site, instead they use javascript to inject the form into your site. Works seamlessly from my little testing thus far. This may be something machform should look into for a future release.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Saghalie
    Pro Member

You need to look a little bit further. Machform does indeed use javascript to inject the form into your site. Check out the Code section of the form you build/built to get the code that you use.

There is:
    Javascript Code (recommended)
    IFrame Code
    PHP Form File
    PHP Embed code
    Simple Link
    Popup Link

So as you can see there are a wide variety of solutions for you to use to code your form in to your site.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. celsiusmarketing

no, machform uses javascript to build the iframe source through data attribute, it does not include the code into the site. You cannot use php unless domain is thes ame where you have machform hosted. Simple link and popup are not ideal for landing page best practices.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Saghalie
    Pro Member

I don't see how you think javascript is used to build an iframe source. The javascript is enclosed within a DIV and is easily placed wherever you need it.

And since the forms are hosted on your server, you have to reference that server wherever you place the code. If I was to get you to make me a form, you would send me the code and I can place that code anywhere in my site and whenever a customer views the form, they will of necessity get the form from your server but show on my server where the customer can fill in the fields. All the data would therefore be hosted on your server. It goes on and on.

I'm not arguing, I'm just pointing out why I'm right.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. celsiusmarketing

Ugh, do you not see the data attributes for building the iframe?!?!?

data-formurl="http://forms.celsiusmarketing.net/embed.php?id=21579"

var mf_iframe <--- this variable adds in the options of the data attributes.

Those jquery attributes build the iframe with the source attribute.

Again, this does not include the form on your website, it simply frames the form onto your site. You are not right, you are very wrong!

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. celsiusmarketing

"The file must be uploaded into the same server as your machform installation."

Again, you are not right. It specifies that machform must be installed on same domain. Yuniar also emailed me back stating this is correct and only way around reload is to have machform installed on same domain, which is not something that is achievable with wpengine, as they do not allow it to be installed.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic