This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

client indicated that form she received was pre-populated with information?

1. johannasophia

I don't have any way of checking this out, but I definitely don't want the fields to have any "left over" data in them from another client - if that's what's happening. Help! Thank you!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

There is a way to pre-populate the fields (by this method: http://www.appnitro.com/doc-url-parameters ) but that shouldn't happen by default, unless you have set it that way.

The other explanation, is the user has previously used the form and the browser is "remembering" the last data entered (due to browser cookies and such) but it shouldn't load any data that is not the user's, unless someone else using the same computer and browser, has filled in that form.

Did you client say the form had "left over" data that wasn't her own details? Can you provide an example of the form - is it only happening for this customer or can you (when you view the form) see that same behaviour?

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. tulsabobt

I am having this same problem but I have neither enabled the doc_url nor is this the same users. Several users in different states, different networks, etc all going to same form and about 30% say it's filled in when they arrive with another user's private info!

How do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
    Bob

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

@tulsabbobt, I suppose it's not appropriate to give a link to the form if it risks exposing others details, however, it is hard to troubleshoot without seeing the problem described.

I've not experienced the issue personally, so can't say if it's a bug or some other cause.

I'm not sure if Appnitro could give some input into the cause, perhaps send a private help request to them directly.
    http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic