This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

CMOD 777

1. rscott7706

Man, have I got a new one - it may become a hot item soon.

I had trouble with one of my sites, and called my web host (Bluehost). They said they are no longer allowing CMOD 777. It is a "hack" situation they say.

They say it can be circumvented by coding of some sort (wouldn't say how). I just don't know how coding can circumvent a non-writable folder.

Has anyone experienced this, and if so any thoughts?

Can MachForm run with the data folder set at 0755?

Ron

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Ok, so basically MachForm need writable access to your "machform/data" folder.
    Depends on how your host configure the permission of your Apache/PHP, either 755 or 777 should be working.

If none of them is working, I suggest to contact them back and ask how to create a writable folder.

Have you tried running MachForm there?

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. rscott7706

OK, everything is working well, this is the first site I have used MachForm on and it is working well. The data directory is 755 - and is allowing write.

It looks like there is no problem at this time, the reason I (semi) panicked was that your instructions called for 777 which they don't allow.

Let's put this one in the background for now. But it is good info for others that may come across this situation.

Ron

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic