This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Colors disappear in forms after embedding into WordPress

1. chinuba

Guys.
    Can anyone help out?

1. I used Java script to embed the form into a wordpress page but when I view it, all the colours are gone. If I view the form via the forms url, the colors are there.

2. When I put a phone box and select the rules "No duplicates", it does not apply because I still can put the same phone number in other fields.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. DaveVoss

2. The no duplicates applies to that field only and is compared to the same filed of all the previous entries in the SQL table for that form.

1. I don't use WordPress.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. chinuba

That is exactly what I am saying. If i set a field to be unique or No duplicates, the form should not be able to accept similar values in that same form or any field in that form.
    If I set a no duplicates to a field that says reference phone number, I expect that the client should not be able to use that phone number in any field in that form. Is this correct?

How can I achieve this?

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

If you set a phone number field to be unique, the client won't be able to use the same number for that particular field only. If your form has multiple phone number fields, they still be able to enter the same number to the other fields.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. williamansley

@chinuba: I think you need to explain in more detail what you want to accomplish. Are you trying to prevent your users from entering a specific phone number in your form?

The function of the "unique" attribute for a field is to prevent the same information to be submitted a second time for a specific field in a specific form (and it only works if the information is identical, it can't merely be similar). For an example, think of a form to allow users to register for a raffle, where you only want to allow one entry per email address. Making the email address field in the raffle form unique automatically enforces this.

As far as the colors of your form disappearing when you embed it in WordPress page, I think this is a feature of Machform designed to make your form blend in with the page you are embedding it into. I don't know if there is a way to override this. Hopefully one of the guys from Appnitro will chime in this time.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic