This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Complete URL of upload documents

1. businessschool

Hey, I've created a form that has a number of file upload fields. I need the FINAL URL/location of those uploaded files POSTed to an external script (POST location entered into the Notification area) At the moment all it POSTs is the file name

Thanks for any assistance you can give me...

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. frankzobitz

The full URL is: <your machform url>/data/<form name>/files/<filename>.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. businessschool

Hey frankzobitz, thanks for the reply. I'll check out the file/folder structure when I get into work tomorrow... I have 3 file upload components on the form and I uploaded the SAME file 3 times (SAME file name), any idea what MachForm does for file name generation in that case?

Thanks for your time and patience

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. businessschool

For anyone else that needs to know for this function, if you need to download/upload the file to another server the file name is created as follows, MachForm correct me if I'm wrong? The URL is as above from frankzobitz, the filename is created dynamically, to cover people uploading files with the same name

[machform element name]_[32 random character]-[incrementing number for same file name]-[file name]

That being the case has anyone got any thoughts on how to return the COMPLETE URL in the POST data?

Thanks for your time and patience

Cheers

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Anonymous
    Unregistered

I would personally like the full URL to be included in the .pdf that is sent.

Is that possible?

--Joel

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. businessschool

The support guys here adjusted the code in my helper-functions.php to allow me to send the URL using the variable pairs in the Admin -> Notifications area like this

[Website address]{element_13_path}

Note the extended element name including the _path to it.

Big thanks to them for the assistance

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic