This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Conditional Form Requirements

1. jrmedia

Hello.

I am creating a registration form for students for a music school. I would like to have certain fields of the form marked as required based on how another field is filled in.

Specific example: If the student is under 18, then a section of the form marked "Guardian Information" would need to be filled in. If the student is over 18, that section is not required (ideally it should not even be seen).

Right now, I seem to be stuck with two options - leave the "Guardian Information" section not required, thus leaving the form vulnerable to missing information, or have it required and pre-populated with junk information, also not ideal.

I would like to know if the following options are available.

Good - Have sections marked as required on the basis of previously filled in information (requiring guardian information if student is under 18)

Better - Have a form page not visible unless a section of the form is filled in in a certain way, thus making that page visible and required to those who need it but not having it visible to those who do not require it (guardian information section is invisible if student is over 18)

Best - Having duplicate sections of the form generated on the basis of previously filled in information (ability to check a box and have new fields to fill in for second, third, fourth, etc. students)

I know next-to-nothing about PHP coding. I can post a link to the form if required.

Thank you.

- Jon

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Jon,

I'm sorry, I'm afraid MachForm currently doesn't support conditional logic, thus it won't be possible to do the above :( Sorry.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. jrmedia

S'alright. Thanks. I will move ahead otherwise.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic