This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Conditional questions

1. cs2000

Hi there,

I have been asked by the company i work for to research an easy way to build and deploy webforms, your script is amazing and fits 99% of the bill.

The last thing they are asking for is conditional questions, for example. If there is a radio button with Yes & No as the possible choices, they may want a second lot of radio buttons, or text area, or drop down to appear ONLY if the user selects Yes.

I cannot find any way to do this in your demo site. Has anyone ever acheived this by customising their scripts or is it planned for a future release? If your script does this it seriously does everything, it is amazing!

Awaiting your reply...

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

I'm sorry, I'm afraid machform doesn't support conditional fields yet.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. cs2000

Thanks for the reply, was there any plans to include this in any future release?

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. cs2000

I will add here, i would actually pay for either Machform developers, or anybody else, to create this customisation for us...

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Lobbyof

I too would like this feature.

Could it be done with a modification to the hidden parameter, ie leave that element of the form blank, and if the user selects "yes" to a previous question then the extra field becomes "unhidden"

eg if user selects "Already a Customer?" Yes/No, and they select Yes, then a box appears looking for their existing account number.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. florinnicola

I hardly wait for conditional field. It will be very helpful. Actually, the lack of conditional fields stops me from using Machform for now.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. csamuel69

I am with cs2000 here willing to pay the developers for this feature.
    florinnicola what do you use for the conditional fields? I am looking for some software to use for clients that require conditional fields.

It is promising that yuniar uses the word "yet"...can't wait!

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. florinnicola

csamuel69,

Sorry for this late response. Now I am using Quform, but there are also Formidable Forms and Gravity form and even the tiny Visual Form Builder which supports conditional fields. Unfortunatelly, Machform is one of the few form builder that is not supporting conditional field, and this is a shame, because sections and pages are already there. It not takes much to display or hide them upon some conditions. And it is a shame because MachForm is such an wonderful tool, too.

Dear Yuniar, I hope you are listening to the customers needs.

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. yuniar

Actually, conditional field logic is already completed on our development version.
    However, we're still working on another major new features to be included within v3.4

I'm sure you guys will love this one :-)
    v3.4 will be free update for all v3 owners.

We'll send you emails once it's released.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. florinnicola

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiiii!!! We love you, guys!
    Mobile option looks fantastic, too. I hardly wait to see it on action.

Thank you for listening us!

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. norm

Can't wait for the Conditional Field logic! Need is asap

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. csamuel69

florinnicoa thanks for the tips.
    yuniar can not wait!

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. markymark

Hai Yuniar,

when is version 3.4 gonna be released?

Love your work!
    Greezt mark.

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. yuniar

We expect to release v3.4 beta on January and then the final release shortly afterward.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic