This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Conditional Template Variables

1. acquire

I'm using machform to sell tickets to a performance. I have dropdowns for each ticket type for a user to pick quantity and I've assigned prices to them. In the default email notification, it's 'smart' enough to not put in a ticket type I didn't buy. So if I buy 2 of Ticket A and 0 of Ticket B, the receipt only shows that I bought Ticket A. I wanted to customize the look of the notification email and I was able to do that, however, I'm forced to show both Ticket A and Ticket B regardless of what the person bought (It is just blank for the one they didn't buy).

Is it possible to do a conditional variable? For example display {element_17} in the email receipt only if a selection was made or only display {element_14} if text was entered into that field?

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. williamansley

@acquire: If you have Machform 4, you may be able to achieve the result you want by more laborious means. Go to the Logic Builder section and check "Enable Rules to Send Notification Emails". You can't create conditional variables, but you can create multiple email templates containing different combinations of variables and choose which one to send based on what was selected for each form entry. Depending on the number of possible order combinations, it may require so many different email templates that it will be more trouble than it is worth to do this; it depend on the complexity of your order form.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic