This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

"Copy and paste one of the code below into your website"

1. Lokidog

Hi
    This is a NOOB question I know, but have to start somewhere.
    Everything is set up as the insatllation instructed, no problem.
    Logged in to create the form. No problem

Went to manage form:
    edit css. don't need to at this point
    e-maill adderess's. No problem
    embed code: I'm not sure where I'm supposed to embed this, any examples anyone?
    View form: when I click this I get this:

Warning: main(hooks/custom_hooks.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d/dadad/www/machform/view.php on line 22

Warning: main(hooks/custom_hooks.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d/dadad/www/machform/view.php on line 22

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'hooks/custom_hooks.php' (include_path='./:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/d/dadad/www/machform/view.php on line 22

Have I missed a step or is this dependent on me pasting the code somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated as this looks like something that has great potential for me and I would love to move on.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

It looks like your MachForm is missing one of its file, particularly "hooks/custom_hooks.php" file. Try to reupload that file again from the original machform package.

If the problem persist, please contact us directly and we'll help you fixing it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Lokidog

Thanks for you fast response.
    Yes the custom_hooks.php file was missing from the folder, I have now up loaded it and now get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/d/dadad/www/machform/lib/class.phpmailer.php on line 53

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Lokidog

..........as a follow up I'm not even sure that I'm pasting the HTML code in the correct place!
    I have created a fresh html page and pasted it in between the BODY tags, and thats all there is this web site I use for testing only so there are no other files to conflict with it. The only other thing I have added is the "index.html" page on the site with the machform folder.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    </head>

<body>
    <iframe height="575" allowTransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="width:100%;border:none" src="http://www.dadad.se/machform/embed.php?id=1" title="Grillfest 25 maj 2011">Grillfest 25 maj 2011</iframe>
    </body>
    </html>

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. yuniar

it seems you have another file being corrupted, most likely during the upload.
    This time, the file "lib/class.phpmailer.php" is corrupted.

Try to reupload that file again.
    If you keep receiving another error again, try to reupload all your machform files again.

Your embed code itself is correct already.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Lokidog

Hi!
    All is as it should be now and I seem to be back on the road.
    Thank you very much for your support.

I am going to cruise the forum now to get some tips on how to change the look/colour of the forms.

One thing: Do I have to have the "Machform logo" at the top of the form and the "Powered by Machform" at the bottom or can this be removed? If so how?

Thanks again

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. yuniar

You can remove them.

To remove the "Powered by MachForm", you will need to edit two files:

- includes/view-functions.php
    - includes/helper-functions.php

Search for the word "Powered by" there and you'll find it on few places. Remove all of them.

To change the logo, simply edit your form CSS (use Edit CSS menu), search for logo section:

/**** Logo Section *****/
    main_body h1 {
    background-color:#dedede;
    margin:0;
    min-height:0;
    padding:0;
    text-decoration:none;
    text-indent:-8000px;
    background-image: url('../../../images/machform.gif');
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

change the background-image line to use your logo. example:

background-image: url('http://www.example.com/new_logo.gif');

or simply remove that line.

Let me know if you have more questions.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Lokidog

Thanks Yuniar.

This must be the best support I have received from any software product I have ever purchased!

Great Job

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic